Who are we?
We are professors of political science. The goal is not to post partisan opinions, but rather to share our academic research. Learn more. Each post reflects only its author's views.
Buyer beware: Most of our posts discuss ongoing, unpublished research. We may revise our conclusions as we continue our research.
Hear about new posts
- What Rep. Watkins teaches us about party and ideology
- Who voted “nay” the most in the 2017 Legislature?
- Who missed the most votes in the 2017 Legislature?
- Utah lawmakers loved to agree in the 2017 Legislature
- The 2017 Utah Legislature passed a record number of bills but slightly improved vetting time
Tag Archives: scott howell
This analysis was performed by Matthew Frei, a student research fellow at BYU’s Center for the Study of Elections and Democracy (like us on Facebook), in collaboration with CSED faculty. The writing is mostly his. Inquiries about this research should come to Kelly Patterson. The … Continue reading
Both polls agree that Republicans will sweep Utah’s statewide races decisively. We saw something unusual this week: Two well-designed polls, conducted independently (not by campaigns), in the field at the same time. Damon Cann published the USU pre-election poll last … Continue reading