Who are we?
We are professors of political science. The goal is not to post partisan opinions, but rather to share our academic research. Learn more. Each post reflects only its author's views.
Buyer beware: Most of our posts discuss ongoing, unpublished research. We may revise our conclusions as we continue our research.
Hear about new posts
- What Rep. Watkins teaches us about party and ideology
- Who voted “nay” the most in the 2017 Legislature?
- Who missed the most votes in the 2017 Legislature?
- Utah lawmakers loved to agree in the 2017 Legislature
- The 2017 Utah Legislature passed a record number of bills but slightly improved vetting time
Tag Archives: racial-ethnic
Over the past few weeks, we’ve posted a ridiculous amount of research about the redistricting process here in Utah. What have we learned? Here’s the Cliff Notes version. Looking back: How has Utah’s population grown since 2000? Utah’s population is … Continue reading
To avoid a lawsuit, the redistricting committee will need to take care how the new districts divide minority populations. Utah’s Hispanic population continued to grow during the 2000s. Statewide, the Hispanic population grew by 78% (from 201,559 to 358,340) in … Continue reading