Who are we?
We are professors of political science. The goal is not to post partisan opinions, but rather to share our academic research. Learn more. Each post reflects only its author's views.
Buyer beware: Most of our posts discuss ongoing, unpublished research. We may revise our conclusions as we continue our research.
Hear about new posts
- What Rep. Watkins teaches us about party and ideology
- Who voted “nay” the most in the 2017 Legislature?
- Who missed the most votes in the 2017 Legislature?
- Utah lawmakers loved to agree in the 2017 Legislature
- The 2017 Utah Legislature passed a record number of bills but slightly improved vetting time
Author Archives: Michael Barber
If Trump manages to obtain the Republican party’s nomination Utah may be a hotly contested battleground state in 2016. While we’re still more than a year away from electing our next president, news stories abound regarding the abundance of candidates … Continue reading
Senator Lee has the distinction of being the most ideologically extreme senator in the 113th Congress. At first glance, it may seem as though Utah’s Tea Party Senator, Mike Lee, and Massachusetts’ liberal firebrand, Elizabeth Warren, may not have much … Continue reading